As I walked through the art gallery at Dixie College, there were three painting that really stood out to me. Out of the three paintings "September Aspens" by Kimbal,Warren was my favorite because of the lighting, peacefulness, and it reminded me a memory from my past.
While looking at the painting you can't help but to notice the light shining through the trees cascading shadows onto the green grasses below. It made the painting so real that I felt like I was staring at a picture taken with a camera rather than a painting.
As i observed the painting i had a peaceful feeling come over me. I could image myself laying down in the shady grass under the tall trees while the wind blew, rustling the leaved above me. It would be the perfect scene for rest and relaxation.
Growing up in a small town, while on the way home we traveled over mountains filled with fields of aspen trees. I remember staring out the window at the tall slender trees wrapped in white bark. The painting "September Aspens" is the exact picture that I would see floating outside the car window.
17 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment