
#2-song
When my niece was two she came and lived with my husband and I for nine months. Her mother, my sister, was going through some hard times and need to focus on herself, so she asked if I would take care of her daughter until she was able to fully give her daughter the loved she needed. For nine months we watched the little girl grow without her mother in her life. We grew very close and gave her as much love as we could to help her through this hard time. At night when I tucked her in she would always ask of two things from me, a story, and a song. Her favorite movie at the time was Dumbo, a movie that her mom had given her. I spent a couple days listening over and over to Baby Mine, until I had it memorized, and that was the song that she would fall asleep to almost every night. I had a hard time singing to her some nights. My eyes would fill up with tears as I told myself that I should not the one laying her, it should be her mom. It was heart breaking to see a little girl ,so full of life ,having to be without her mother. After nine months her father came into her life, and has since then, given her a life full of love. My husband and I still to this day hold a special place in our hearts for the moments we shared with her.




No comments:
Post a Comment