(1)I was young, but old enough that i should have known not to get into a car with a total stranger. My friend and I were ditching school, which was not uncommon, and ended up at the mall. As we were walking outside a man pulled up to us and started talking. (2)The man was not good looking at all. He was a little on the heavy side, and definitely had a bad boy image going on.He had is little girl in the back seat, and was telling us how he was on his way to drop her off at her moms. My friend, at that time, decided that she would invite us to go with him.(3) I still to this day have no idea what i was thinking when i climbed into the back seat of this strange,and very older mans car. As we drove i didn't do much talking. My friend, who was in the front seat engaged in most of the conversation. After the man dropped his little girl off he then told us that he had to go somewhere and feed his friends dogs. I then started to feel really nervous, because the dogs just happen to be on the outside of town down a long dirt road. At first I thought he was making up stories, but then we came upon two run down trailers with some salvaged material around them, with the dogs tied up outside. (4)I wanted to panic,but remained calm. I kept lying to myself about how dangerous the situation could turn at any moment. During the drive I was really glad that i was in the back seat, and that my friend did most of the talking, which made me very relieved. Nothing happen to either one of us during the ride,but to this day i get a really creepy feeling just thinking about what could have happened. I would have to say that was the most stupid thing i have ever done.
Show and Tell:(2)
Remembered thoughts and feelings:(4)
present perspectives:(1,3)
17 years ago




Scary! You and your friend got very lucky.I ditched school a lot too. Most kids aren't as lucky as you were. I'm glad that everything worked out for you and you made it home safely.
ReplyDelete